The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wiring harness

alik

Rebuilding my car, and the harness at the water neck is completely shot. Wires broken, connectors missing.
Question is, where can I find replacement connectors?

(I'm planning to replace about 1 foot of wiring and rewire all the connectors at the end of that line. I know one of them is the O2 connector)

Thanks, gents!

strokin4dr

I have sourced these pigtails from non turbo galants and n/t 1g dsms. Many time they are still like new due to less under hood heat exposure. Good luck!

89Mirageman

Early 90's Hyundai Sonatas and Elantras are also a good place to look at the local J/Y.

alik

Thanks, guys!
So it's possible just to snip a piece of harness from a junk car? (Never done it, and didn't think the junk yard would let me)

Cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

strokin4dr

Nobody ever really removes a complete harness at the junkyard. I just snip off what I need and most of the time it's very cheap of free.

89Mirageman

Maybe ask first just to cover yourself but every "pull it yourself" yard that I've ever been to either charged me a buck or two or gave me small connectors.

alik

Unfortunately, all the yards around here are barren. No luck finding anything even close that would fit our cars.
On another note, found a beautiful hood from a 2WD Galant. Blue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif No rust

alik

Is it even possible to rebuild the harness? I mean, apart form going with the blade connectors?
The manufacturers must get their connectors somewhere, right?

Why is it nothing can be found online? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Struc

alik

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thank YOU!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned