The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Window sticker

Window Sticker says $509 for CD player, $685 for sun roof
Annual estimated fuel cost $964 lol

What was the cost of gas back in 91-92

Nate

Premium gas in 1992 was about .92/gallon.

I have the sticker from the 1992 I have, says the msrp was about $24,425. Yikes.

JNR

Remember in '91 during the Gulf War, gas went up a good amount for awhile, then came down cheap for a long time...so, not sure if that cost is based on those higher figures. [edit, I think you have a '92...not sure the details they used, but if you figure 15k miles a year and combined of 18 mpg, that would be ~$1.15 gallon)

It's funny to think that a CD player was still a pretty high tech ($) option in a car, back then; probably like a oem navigation system option. Of course, they often charge ridiculous figures for options like that, so I could believe it.

Curious to know how many came with CD players, anyway?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned