The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wich oil cooler is better?

galantrevolution

i hace a 91gsx set up on my vr4 for oil cooler, but i hear the is another set up the is on the oil filter housing, is that better and where i can get one.

GSX_TC

Talk about bad grammar lol, it kinda sounds like your asking if there is a better oil cooler, if so the answer is yes and it can be found on 90 model turbo DSM's it's an external type air cooled oil cooler.

Leon_R

90 oil to air cooler is considered to be superior. But... One our local DSMers once measured oil temps with both type of coolers and found that difference was minimal. They were both around 210-220 deg F.

So, I wouldn't go out of my way to perform this mod.

GSX_TC

I would like to see that, who did this? And what car? Etc etc

Leon_R

This was a while back (around '00). Brian Cap. did it with his 1G. I know he posted the results on New England DSM, but he might have done it on other forums, as well. He now owns Dynotechtuning.com.

talontyme

I used a 90 ofh and a setrab cooler and saw a big difference.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned