The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Why are Galant VR4s undervalued?

JoeDaddy0

I use State Farm for the very reason that I drive a special interest restoration vehicle. Insurance is aware of increased hp vs maintenance as well as cost of longer cams needing better springs etc. Some of the cleaner cars (straight heat and air and all powers working on the boards have gotten over $6K even with engine or unfinished issues. Some of us have over $25K in revisions and some of us bought them new before upgrades for $30k.
Now if we consider the depreciation of most vehicles and the cost of lowering springs or coil overs, do we keep a car that got better and partly due to newer technology like EMC or DSM links and far more efficient and affordable turbos. Affordable maintenance was the motto of performance Chevrolets, Buick, Chrysler or Jaguar Hemi, all had affordable upgrades compared to Audi or BMW upgrades. I now look at maintenance compared to depreciation of any other car and enjoy the performance and better handling than a 911 that also comes with room for the kids. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Jesus_Negros

Better handling than what 911? They're like 50 yrs of 911's, can't just say a 911 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GSXftw

I called state farm and asked about getting classic car insurance on 1722 when the time comes. I have classic car on my 82 Supra and pay $7 a mo. I almost pay the same on my 97 Talon for standby insurance lol. I told them the story of the car being built in japan and shipped over in limited production. It confused the retards more than anything. You have to submit pictures and they say whether it qualifies or not. My Supra has a 7MGTE swap and is far from stock, but Im pretty sure they pull up a picture of a stock engine and compare. My Camaro couldn't get classic car because it was "too modified." When the time comes I'll throw some black hoses and such on the car and see how it goes.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts