The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Whiteline 60x sway bars..... Too much for the street??

381gvr4

So I just ordered a new bmr60x Whiteline rear sway bar(26mm). I basically found 3 stages and I landed in the middle with their X series. (I'm referring to part #'s)

Now I've started my search for the front and found the f60 is 16mm and the 60x is 24mm....hahaha Large jump!

What has your ride been like with 24mm/26mm sway bars on the street??? I know alot of the ol' timers on here had their 4's pretty dressed with Whiteline stuff....-Russ

Edit* Anyone have a new frt 60x that they may want to sell?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Just a thought.

Last edited:

I have the 26s. They arent like 15k lb springs. I don't think there is a sway bay out there that is "too much for the streets".

381gvr4

My main concern is the roads locally suck!! I dont want something so aggresive that it may change up the cars nice road manners. ie Hitting a hole or horrible expansion crack at the apex of a turn and plow into something...... I dunno, maybe a stupid question! As with MOST aftermarket parts the X states "for offroad use". Also references smooth driving surfaces on WL site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

4thStroke

I have the thickest swaybars that Whiteline has to offer. They really dont bother me too much. I even have AGX struts with the rear cranked all the way stiff and the front on the 2nd to the softest setting. Its not the smoothest ride, but thats mostly due to the struts. It got stiffer going from stock swaybars, but its not anything I regret.

381gvr4

^^^ Thanks! Thats more the info I was looking for! Awesome

91GVR4

I have the above said combo and found it works wonderfully. A bit stiff but that is also do to the Hotbits. It made the car handle ten times better on the AutoX course. I think you will like it. However putting the bars in is a bit of a pain.

381gvr4

^^Just ironed a deal on teins with Hosmer too. +1000 on stiffness!!! The car is seeing less and less road time and should be toy status by summer. Autocross and track are a definates!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts