The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wheel fitment and offset ??s

turbowop

You don't need to do any of that for a +35 offset, at least with an 8" wheel. Look at pics of my car, they tuck just fine. But my wheels don't have that concave look you're after.

I think the xxr 527 are made with the concave no matter the offset. So ill contact xxr to make sure but im pretty sure thats how the wheels are supposed to look/

turbowop

I think they might have a concave look to them, but only because that wheel is designed so that the spokes come out past the rim. Hideous, IMO.

*edit* That's the 522's I was looking at I guess. I don't think the 527's will be concave in that size/offset.

Last edited:

kartorium

Quoting rocko:
I think the xxr 527 are made with the concave no matter the offset. So ill contact xxr to make sure but im pretty sure thats how the wheels are supposed to look/

Exactly. You need to get photos of actual wheels in the specific offset and widths that will work. Not just some generic pic of an evo X with the wheels on it.

Looking what whats stocked @ NLM site you'll want to get pics of these sizes;

17x8 @ 35
17x8 @ 48
17x9 @ 42
18x8.5 @ 30 *rear only*
18x8.5 @ 48

17x8.25 @ 35
18x8.75 @ 35 *probably rear only*

If you talk to them and they can do other offsets, that would make your wheel search a bit easier.

kartorium

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting GSX_TC:
why is that hellaflush sh*t is looked down of on here? i dont get it. all it is, is just the stretched tire look with a decent suspension drop. or do i have it wrong?

Our cars do not have the correct suspension geometry/components/wheelwells/rideheight to pull off the "hellaflush" look. Lower the car too far and your geometry goes all out of whack, you ride bumpstops, and the lower crossmembers/trans/oilpan will be practically scraping. I see so many n00bs come onto this forum asking about it, then a bunch of people saying it can be done, but I have yet to see one single picture of a GVR4 done like this and actually pull off the "look".

I feel like that applies to almost every car, just some have slightly less worse characteristics (comparitively) after going hellaflush.

You're right Mark, seems like there has been an influx of people on the board going for this. If you want to make your car look that way, then do it, do the freaking research, bite your lip and buy the wheels. You haven't seen anyone pull it off yet cause no one will nut up and make it happen once they figure out that it isn't a look that you can just go out and buy. A lot of time goes into figuring out what will work and every boy racer who wants his sh*t hella flush doesn't want to actually do the math and measure to figure it all out. It can be achieved, the ride will suffer, handling will suffer, driving on regular roads might not be a lot of fun daily, but you can do it. So get out some tools and go figure it out, or buy some damn wheels and see what happens. This isn't a wrx or a silvia where thousands of people have done some version of hella flush and you can just go, "ok, I need a 19x10 @ 28mm for the rear".

Oh wait, its hard when you have to figure it all out for yourself. So you're right Mark, you'll probably never see it "pulled off."

If you want to do it, and are tired of people telling you its dumb or can't be done, than effing do it! Stop asking questions cause no one can tell you the answer, cause no one has actually done it! The info to get you started is all on this forum, but don't expect to find the end all specs for a hellaflush look on a forum that won't have them.

So, this is to all you hellaflush guys. Do it already.

*edit* Sorry for getting a bit off tangent Rocko. This isn't necessarily directed at you. Your best bet really is to find some real world photos of the wheels that work on this application and go from there. When you get the wheels, post the shots up of how it looks and a ride report. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Really, any car can be made to look flush. Just some cars take more to do it than others. These are my homies cars that you may have seen before, some are magazine cars and some are just for the hobby, These are all street driven DD, and are also tracked.

884508068_VtGHi
-Jimmy Uy

884508984_MiJG4-M.jpg

805252244_5tE3w-M.jpg
-Brian Lee

11451164_QyfLi

1075229695_8b2HK-M.jpg
-Alex Loi

1248844417_ftm6U-M.jpg
-Ryan Chin

My little Brothers wagon
All stock:
suby3.jpg

After a year.
5288835461_80b24c4e96_b.jpg

tumblr_lh3btqX6Ea1qa4ikzo1_500.jpg

5288834843_4a0aa26707_b.jpg
5289441092_c9f66d9908_b.jpg

Last edited:

yeah i will do that...and dont worry about the little rant...its cool and of the 4 cars you posted brunoboy my favorite was the 3rd pic the side one of the white evo.

Brunoboy

yea, the S2k has about 60k into it, its a Full ASM widebody car and was one of 11 to showcase for Honda of America under the ASM name, since that picture he now has a Mugen Dry Carbon Roof, and Prodrive wheels, and his DD is a 96NSX with a 2005 front end. The Evo that you like is a Full Voltex Kitted Evo with the rear seats gone and roll cage added. All these guys are my age (22) except the civic owner whose 30.
-Shane

It must be nice to have cash to build a nice car...and ill also really like the setup on your brothers wagon...thats the kind of setup I would want on the galant.

Brunoboy

Yea tell me about it, and I'll tell my brother lol, yea if this car wasn't a money pit I would make it look nice as well =[.
-shane

GSX_TC

Dam those were clean man, i like the wheels/stance on the civic. Someone needs to get that look on a VR4 so we can see how it'll look

Brunoboy

Yea thanks, my boys civic is running a 16x9 front 16x10 rear stock body with stretched tires.

GSX_TC

I can't believe those are 16's! That must be really low man

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting rocko:
xxr 527s and the highest offset they come in is 17x8.25 in a +35 offset

That's a typo right? I've never seen or heard about a 8.25" wide wheel. Its either 8" or 8.5".
As far as the rims go get some 8" wide rims and go with some wide tires like a 245 or a 255.
I had evo9 wheels on my galant (17x8 38mm offset) with 245/40-17 tires.

kartorium

Surprisingly it isn't a typo. Check their website out, they also have sizes in .75 as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Brunoboy

im asian.....what else?

Heres Joe Bacigalupi, Hes a white guy......:

021-1.jpg

sstp_1103_01_o+2005_subaru_wrx_wagon+left_side_view.jpg

sstp_1103_07_o+2005_subaru_wrx_wagon+rear_view.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned