The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What's the 'disadvantage' of a hybrid turbo?

curtis

"If you guys really knew me you'd realize I have never been one for taking the easy route, I prefer a challenge. The slightest mention of the fact that something cannot be done drives me to prove that it can."

Amen brother. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Polish

You (Paul & Curtis) can not give me 1 million dollars. No way you could do it.

Alright theres your motivation, make it happen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think what you're doing with trying some different wheels and housing with the holsets is a great idea. If there's on reality of the internet it's that there's too much theory and not enough actual hands on experience. What you want to do will allow you to get a lot better hold of what changes in the turbo components have on spool and outright flow and how big of a change they actually make.

So I say go for it, that being said I personally would run something like 3071r for the spool you're looking for and the power level you want to reach. My goals for my car are pretty much the same but I already have my turbo(AGP L2R) which does spool pretty close to what you're looking for but isn't sold anymore. Having driven so many cars with similiar turbos but with different results I'd say that there are so many variables that can change how a turbo responds that following someone elses setup is not the best plan. Plus learning and trying things out that is different is half the fun I think.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned