The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What turbo??

Gizmovr4

My turbo of choice for a 2.0L motor for street use is the FP3052 - we went to the dyno on wednesday with 584

FP3052 on E85
450AWHP 397Torque @ 20PSI
513AWHP 429Torque @ 25PSI
556AWHP 499Torque @ 30PSI

First you need to figure out what motor you have 2.0 , 2.3 or 2.4 ?? For a 2.3 or 2.4 street setup I like the FP3065.

Last edited:

prove_it

Quoting turbophein:
speaking of this motor, i originally thought a 2.4 was a stroked motor? but the PO said it was just bored out. you guys keep mentioning 2.3 block, you guys obviously know something i don't? i've never had or done research on anything other than stock bore 6-bolt motors.

Boring won't raise the displacement that much. To get a 2.3L you need stroke which means new crankshaft. The 2.4L is either a maxed out bore job with the stroker crank or a factory 2.4L block. Best idea I can think to check displacement is to pull the oil pan and see if the bearing caps and block was clearanced to fit the longer stroke. Hopefully someone has a better idea of how to check.

Gizmovr4

Does Arias even make a stroker piston ? If I had to guess the motor is a 2.0L bored 40 over . You can always just ask the guy you bought the car from- sure he knows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

You don't see many 2.4l builds - and I haven't seen any Arias 2.3l builds... The seller said it was just bored so he likely thinks because the pistons are 40 over that makes it a 2.4l

Last edited:

turbophein

That's what I am thinking. .40 over. I am going to Check the receipts

strokin4dr

To check the stroke of the engine, first pull one of the spark plugs. Get a wooden skewer and a sharpie marker.
Insert the skewer into the spark plug well until it is sitting on top of the piston. Then turn the crankshaft by hand to TDC. Once there (the skewer will be at the top of its travel) make a mark on the skewer parallel with the top of the valve cover.
Next, rotate the engine 180* until the skewer goes as low as it will go in it's stroke. Mark a second mark on the skewer parallel to the valve cover as you did the first one.
Now pull the skewer out and measure the distance between the marks in mm.

A measurement of 88mm = stock 2.0L crankshaft
A measurement of 100mm = 2.4L crankshaft
Easy as that.

There are other stroker measurements that you can come up with such as 92mm, 94mm, etc. These would be aftermarket stroker cranks that some manufacturers offer.

Yours is most likely a 100mm stroke based of what you know.
Good luck.
-Ryan

turbophein

I found the summit receipt for the pistons. Part# ara-3420100. I can't find any info online. Purchased in 2002. So its an old build. This has to limit some possibilities.

Gizmovr4

AP3420100 - Arias Pistons
Forged piston set suit Mitsubishi 4G63 86mm bore, 3.460" stroke, 5.906" rod length, .827 pin dia, 1.375" comp ht, comp 8.60 with 47cc heads, 1.5mm / 1.5mm / 4.0mm ring grooves (rings and pin supplied)

2.0 liter 40 over pistons as expected

Jesus_Negros

So he has a 2.0 with a 100mm crank that's bored 40over?

turbophein

its not stroked. its just a 2.0 rebuild with .40 over pistons. now to choose a turbo setup. i really want a fp manifold again, it looked so clean... (when coated)

ghostinthevr4

If you decide on running a bolt on turbo I have a a fp manifold that will go for sale once I finish my v band setup. Shoot me a PM with an offer if your interested, oh yeah the manifold has a thermal coating on it too.

uncleben4rice

Get some injectors first. What are you going to do with those 550s? I got 324awdhp on a mustang dyno with my 16g I sold to turbophien. With the walbro 255 pump and RC 750cc injectors at 22psi pump.

turbophein

i need some injectors for sure. i am still looking. besides i have bigger problems, i can't connect to link with my laptops and have failed to find anyone local to help with there cable or laptop to rule them out. i can't change any of the previous owners setup

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned