The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Updating the interior - not wop approved.

Herd....wud...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
OMFG...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

4thStroke

I should have updated this a long time ago, the car has been on the road for a long time now.

I now need new trim pieces that go from the A pillar to C pillar, they were brittle and broke when I tried to remove them. The light faces broke to, but I was able to piece them back together with some fancy CA glue work, primer, and paint. You can still see cracks, but it doesn't bother me too bad. If I get the chance to pick up faces in good shape, they'll get the same smoothed out satin black finish as well.

Wow, that looks good. Now I need some Evo seats to match my Evo MAS, injectors, fuel pump, and suspension /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

curtis

Glad I could help.

Oh true JSB's have suede e brake boot covers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4thStroke

sh*t, curtis. I forgot to show off the sweet brackets. I've thought about pulling the seats and having the brackets powdercoated, but I don't want the down time, and frankly, the raw aluminum doesn't look bad against the black.

I'm going to see what I can do about that suede handle. I will not be outdone by a JSB. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No JSB for me, the Galant has been functional for some time now!

turbophein

Quoting DailyDSM:
Yes. These headliners are so old and are basically reenforced cardboard that fall apart on their own. If I had tried to remove the old fabric, there would be nothin left.

i got my old fabric off with no problems...then i covered it. i wouldn't attempt to just go over the old sagging headliner. even if it doesn't sag now, it will.

4thStroke

I brought mine to a few different places and the conclusion was, you can't get the job done the correct way. The way they're constructed doesn't allow you to remove the old wrap and rewrap. Nobody wanted to even try.

I used fabric paint on mine. Since they're not items that are often handled, it really doesn't bother me. The paint covered evenly and is stiffer, but it matches fairly well.

turbophein

i removed the visor lining also! very simple to do and remake. i changed the CPS on my neighbors car and she in trade is sewing up the visors for me. they slide right off and on. factory seems to have melted it shut on the top. i am going to try hot glue to seal it. once she's done i told her there would be people interested in them if she wanted to make some more. we'll see.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned