The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Two minor annoying problems (radio and seat related)

CarRacer

I have noticed two minor annoyances driving my car the past few weeks.

The first is radio related. I bought a radio gauge panel and finally mounted my wideband gauge. The problem is that I now notice slight radio interference when I listen to AM radio. Anything I can do to help combat this?

I also noticed when I'm rocking the 4/60 air conditioning (4 windows down at 60mph) the armrest in the back seat flips down. Is that a common issue?

Thanks for the help.

4thStroke

I didnt know what was going on for the longest time with that arm rest. Just all of a sudden I would hear a rattle, look back, and that armrest would be flopped down. I flip it back up, and sure enough, it would fall back down. I thought that maybe I might just be an aggressive driver. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the radio problem... I think your problem may just be that you still listen to AM radio.

JK. But seriously. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

Another funny thing my car does at speed is open the fresh air vent on its own. Even if it's set on recirc, as soon as I hit freeway speed, it flips back to fresh air. Haunted.

Terry Posten

I also have the recirc/fresh issue. Mine always wants to go to fresh.

Now the radio should be able to be cured by taking the ground wire of the radio directly to a chassis point and do the same for the WB. I would not use the cars radio ground wire from the factory harness.

My back seat arm rest does not fall down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

tsiboy

my armrest stays in place too, but my recirc/fresh lever has lost all functionality. it stays in fresh 100% of the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

SmoothCustomer

Do you gargoyles just hate fresh air or something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif I never have mine on recirc unless it's freezing and I want it to warm up seemingly faster.

cheekychimp

Quoting SmoothCustomer:
Do you gargoyles just hate fresh air or something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Dude you are just lucky to have fresh air. If the air was fresh here I'd rock the 4/60 method. My A/C almost never gets to fresh, air pollution is that bad it is not funny.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The fresh/recirc cable needs to be adjusted for you guys that have the moving lever.

Drop the glovebox down and you can see the door cable. Pull the cable from its clip, set the lever all the way over, (I don't remember now exactly which side (fresh or recirc) to put it to), reinsert the cable, and it should stay where you put it.

Terry Posten

Carefull with removing the cable from the clip. The clip can become "sprung" and then not hold the cable at all.

holeshotmoe

Quoting Hertz:
Are you guys missing the plastic cover (passthru)? My arm rest fit rather snugly.

That's probably it. My armrest falls down directly proportional to speed. My plastic cover is broken and lying in the trunk. I'll have to put it in place.

blacksheep

Quoting iceman69510:
The fresh/recirc cable needs to be adjusted for you guys that have the moving lever.

Drop the glovebox down and you can see the door cable. Pull the cable from its clip, set the lever all the way over, (I don't remember now exactly which side (fresh or recirc) to put it to), reinsert the cable, and it should stay where you put it.

did this on several of my gvr4s., although I do remember that messing with it too much can make it hard to pull on from one side all the way to the other.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned