The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tread Stone T3 Mani and knife edged Hx35

Vr4junkie

Looking to get the tread stone t3 manifold and a hx35 and have the housing knife edged how would this fit in my Gvr4 I know its a big turbo so I know somethings are going to have go regardless

So what's going to have to go?
Wat kind of spool will I have with a the T3 and knifed down housing?

Jesus_Negros

You would have to grind the front motor mount and probably go with an aftermarket rad and fans.

You mean youre going to be knife edging your devided housing?

dsm10o0

You will probably have to switch to a honda half core radiator and slim fan depending if your going with external wastegate off the manifold. I think you'll be ok if its internally gated.

Heres a pics on my hx35 that im still trying to set up.

Its almost impossible to run full core radiator but its doable. Im runnung a 1g mishimoto radiator that tucks under the support. Might be a little different since your going with the T3 but its just an example.
photo-1755.jpg

Vr4junkie

Yes im going to knife down the divided housing ....Looks like a tight fit so Half size radiator looks like a must Im planning on maybe getting somthing like this one click thats if i cant find a cheaper one.
How much of the motor mount will i have to grind down in order to make this work and will it affect the strenght in the motor mount?

raptorWagon

Get rid of your AC and you can use a 1G DSM Radiator or modify your stock radiator push it back into the spot where the AC condenser used to be.

Vr4junkie

Is there any way I can keep the AC with this set up or is it one of thoses things were it has to go in order to work.

Jesus_Negros

Depends on where the manifold has your turbo sitting. not it wont decrease the integraty of your motor. I doubt you'll be able to maintain A/C with this set up on a GVR4, especially since you'll be running a FMIC.

Vr4junkie

I was thinking about using this mainfold right here click idknw what do you guys think are theses any good? .....I was just degreasing the engine bay and it does look like the AC is going to have to go I was hoping to keeping it but space is kind of tight.

Jesus_Negros

I've never seen anyone use that manifold. The HX35 isnt the lightest of turbo's so you might want to make sure that manifold is durable enough.

dsmless

i have used a similar style manifold, bought mine off slow boy racing but the same, you can keep the ac but will have to push your condenser in and also your radiator and the wastegate is gonna be almost touching the radiator, i was running a t3 gt3076r turbo but was down firing not over the top like yours with a ets vr4 intercooler setup, your will have to run good aftermarket fans not cheap sh*t as it will overheat, i ran spals
click

Vr4junkie

Ok yea they do look alike would I have to get a waste gate or can I use the integrated waste gate

Vr4junkie

Quoting dsmless:
i have used a similar style manifold, bought mine off slow boy racing but the same, you can keep the ac but will have to push your condenser in and also your radiator and the wastegate is gonna be almost touching the radiator, i was running a t3 gt3076r turbo but was down firing not over the top like yours with a ets vr4 intercooler setup, your will have to run good aftermarket fans not cheap sh*t as it will overheat, i ran spals
click

hey what mods do you have done to your car with the Holset turbo and what kind, of spool are u seeing

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned