The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trans needed for my '91 Eagle 2000GTX - What fits ?

Hi All;

I'm looking for a trans from my 1991 Eagle 2000GTX AWD , non-turbo (Canada).

Same as Mits Galant GSX, non-turbo. Engine is 4G63, and trans is W5M31 .

Only thing I can find is a Talon AWD trans such as this: "Jdm Eclipse Talon Turbo 90-94 4G63-T 6bolt Awd Tranny ". Will this work/fit ? I've hear even though it's the same engine, it may be different transfer case, or prop shaft ?

Thanks for any & all help !

Chris

[email protected]

Judging by this link, you have a final drive of 5.208, which does not match any other cars on the list, including gvr4, dsm, evo, click
You could try to find a matching 5.208, but personally i'd swap all nesesary components to match up with a more commonly found tranny, like dsm/vr4

JSchleim18

I have a Galant GS-X 5-speed transmission. I'm willing to ship it if the price is right. 110k on it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned