The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Torque Solution Billet Shifter cable and Drive shaft bushing kits - Get them

boostedinaz

Why would the cables need any give if your tranny is working correctly? Out stock shifters have stops built in.

I had solid bushings in my Talon to for years and never had an issue with the tranny.

4thStroke

Quoting boostedinaz:
Why would the cables need any give if your tranny is working correctly? Out stock shifters have stops built in.

I had solid bushings in my Talon to for years and never had an issue with the tranny.

Transfer less shock to the rest of the system in case you do miss a shift.

Most people won't have a problem, but I don't see the need for pulling out good rubber for metal inserts.

I really don;t think it's much of an issue either way, and of course the solid bushings are going to feel a lot better than rotted rubber.

DynastyLCD

i put these solid driveshaft bushings in my 1g eclipse. all my dsm's prior to always had a clunk when accelerating quickly or abruptly. so did this eclipse til i put these bushings in. you can also feel the response is a little better as well. definetly well worth the $40.

my question to you guys: are the GVR-4 ones different? im picking up a belize green shell soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif but i wanna know before i spend another $40 if i can just take mine from the 1g. they make a set for a 1g and a set for a gvr4 so id assume theyre different, just wondering if anyones tried.

ApexHunter

^Different part #'s on TN's website. -->DSM GVR4

Is there anything like these on the market for DSM/GVR4? The appeal is they allow for 2 degrees of freedom vs. 1 with your typical rigid bushing.

I'd be interested in some high durometer polyurethane ones to provide a little give with less deflection than a fresh set of stockers could provide.

boostedinaz

Quoting 4thStroke:
Quoting boostedinaz:

Most people won't have a problem, but I don't see the need for pulling out good rubber for metal inserts.

I really don;t think it's much of an issue either way, and of course the solid bushings are going to feel a lot better than rotted rubber.

I highly doubt anyone has hurt a tranny just because of some solid shifter bushings. Also some of the point in switching to solid bushing is to help avoid missing shifts.

What about instead of metal shifter bushings, how about delrin? Is delrin not just a type of plastic?

A member on here made some base shifter bushings out of delrin, I'm surprised he didn't make some for the shifter links.

I'm missing the two stupid metal discs that sit on top of the stock bushing. Does anybody have any they want to sell or just kindly ship to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm guessing the dealer will want at least 5 buks for each disc.

Last edited by a moderator:

I just ordered mine up today. Cant wait to see if my WUB WUB will really go away. I cant stand that noise.

boostedinaz

Quoting 3of1000:
What about instead of metal shifter bushings, how about delrin? Is delrin not just a type of plastic?

A member on here made some base shifter bushings out of delrin, I'm surprised he didn't make some for the shifter links.

I'm missing the two stupid metal discs that sit on top of the stock bushing. Does anybody have any they want to sell or just kindly ship to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm guessing the dealer will want at least 5 buks for each disc.

Maybe Ace will have some washer that are the right size.

Nijasan

Quoting 3of1000:
Does anybody have any they want to sell or just kindly ship to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm guessing the dealer will want at least 5 buks for each disc.

Most pick 'n pull style junkyards will let you have stuff like that for free, provided you buy something bigger that they get money for.

4thStroke

Quoting boostedinaz:
Quoting 4thStroke:
Quoting boostedinaz:

I highly doubt anyone has hurt a tranny just because of some solid shifter bushings. Also some of the point in switching to solid bushing is to help avoid missing shifts.

But what about the cables? You think that abrupt stop/shock is good for the cable?

My driveshaft bushings came labled as Evo bushings. The DSM, GVR4, and Evo bushings are the same, despite the different part numbers.

boostedinaz

Quoting 4thStroke:
Quoting boostedinaz:
Quoting 4thStroke:
Quoting boostedinaz:

But what about the cables? You think that abrupt stop/shock is good for the cable?

Again not a problem. Solid shifter bushing have been done for years and years and I have yet to hear a single problem based solely on the bushing. It's a non issue no matter how you look at it.

To be honest most DSM owners are to damn cheap to have a tranny built so the possibility of shifter bushing ruining a tranny is the least of their worries. I had great luck with them on my Shep tranny and would do it again in a heart beat if I had a DSM.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts