The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Today's VR4 project........

381gvr4

.......was one of several projects including fixing the kitchen sink and DW.

I have been annoyed by the fact that my Mitsu valve cover that came on 381 was cracked and I had a DSM VC on there.
I picked up a good Mitsu cover from Nate that could use some love.

While I was fixing things in the kitchen I let some foam paint remover do its thing. After 2 applications and some wire brushing it was all clean.

Certain things I don't like using primer on and chose to dry sand with 600 instead. Takes a little time but its hard to find a primer that holds up to 200* and then 15* when cooled. Also used a prep agent before spraying. Put it on a paint can to allow me to get all the edges.

Three light coats with a High Gloss Cherry paint from Plasticolor

One heavy last coat to ensure "wet" look. Set up next to furnace to dry

Final Product= BLING-BLING.
Hit the letters with a sanding block and 180 grit after scraping carefully with a razor.
Now just to install and have 381's engine back to JDM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Water drops from rinsing the letter residue.....

Have more projects in the mail. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

broxma

Looks good but why not polish the '16 Valve' section? Just saying.

381gvr4

^^^Just wanted them kind of hidden. Obviously its a one minute job to change /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

NateCrisman

Looks nice. Glad to hear parts from #255 are finding there way onto deserving VR4's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned