The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TMZ Throttlebody Rebuild or S90

yubh8tn

I've read some mixed reviews on the S90 throttle body. My throttle body seals are all smoked and i'm pretty sure its the source of my idle issues. I wanna rebuild it with TMZ which is $140. I can get an S90 for only a little more on extremepsi. Should I go for the S90? Not only does it cost more but i'd also have to get off my lazy ass and make a turbo kit. That fact combined with the mixed reviews makes me really unsure about getting it. I'm on stock intake manifold too, so I want to make sure it's worth the money and work. Thanks for any input guys

tyeler18

You're not going to see any performance benefits from the s90 that a stock throttle body wont have. They're leaky POS throttle bodies. Stick to OEM

twicks69

Being that I have dealt with several S90 throttle bodies and they always whistle and leak, I'd recommend not going to it unless you have literally a destroyed throttle body. Even then, I'd just refurb a 1G TB and keep carrying on. If you are trying to run ridiculous boost and already have a much larger aftermarket intake manifold and making 1000+AWHP, then I would recommend the RMR billet throttle body.

I have all the parts in stock to do the rebuilds currently. I am fitting them in between transmission jobs.

Pricing had to be adjusted due to material costs going up. OEM parts went up and the TB seals doubled in price. Good times.

Just let me know if you want the vacuum ports drilled and plugged or a FIAV blockoff, etc.

Product info - https://www.tmzperformance.com/shop...4g63-and-6g72-engine-dsm-evo-1-9-3000gt-gvr4/
Fill out the information sheet - https://www.tmzperformance.com/wp-c...ishi-throttle-body-rebuild-purchase-sheet.pdf

Thanks,

TMZ

twicks69

I did this 2g one yesterday.

20211213_135806.jpg

20211213_135732.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts