The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tires

rost

So i have these ugly as hell momo wheels.And im shopping for new tires for them.They are 16 x 7.5 and the offset is +38.The car will be dropped about 2 inches using 1g megan springs.
What is the widest tire i can fit in there?I was thinking 225/50/16,but can i go wider than that?
Thanx in advance.

rost

Here what they look like in case anyone is wondering.I got them with the car.Apparently original owner had them installed by the dealership when he bought the car.So the car never even had stock wheels on it.I think the dealer sold momo accessories,because the car also came with momo shift knob and license plate holder.
Im thinking of spraying the wheels bronze... i would love to upgrade them,but unfortunately im not in the position to shop for new wheels right now.

momo-idea.jpg

broxma

225 should fit on 7.5".
255 can go on an 8" rim so 225 should be fine. Those rims are pretty gangster.

/brox

vtecds1

Taking it back to 95 huh...MOMO IDEA FTW!!!

belize1334

225 fits on 7" no problem. On 7.5 I'd say you could run 225, 235, maybe even 245. The fender is gonna be the issue... not the wheel.

I bet those wheels were the sh*t back in the days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned