The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Thread size for stock oil pressure sender

quasimondo

Anybody know what the thread size is for the oil pressure sender on the oil filter housing? I want to buy a sender for an electronic oil pressure gauge, but I don't want to get the wrong sized sender.

atc250r

Staff member
A 1/8" NPT will fit but is not the right size. I believe it is 1/8" BPT but if you wan't to search for a great post by RayH that discusses this and where to get adapters to make NPT stuff fit in properly you'll get a definite answer.

John

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
It would be 1/8 bspt. All the pipe threads on the car should be bspt.

quasimondo

Quote:
A 1/8" NPT will fit but is not the right size. I believe it is 1/8" BPT but if you wan't to search for a great post by RayH that discusses this and where to get adapters to make NPT stuff fit in properly you'll get a definite answer.

John

I just took a look at that post and I want to make sure we're all taking about the same ports on the filter housing:

I'm using the port circled in red for the turbo. The port circled in blue is where I'm installing the sender. Which one is 1/8 BSPT, and if it's not the blue one, what size is that one?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The blue one IS 1/8 bspt. the larger red ones I believe are 3/8 bspt.

jepherz

Staff member
I just found out it was BSPT about a day after I had tapped mine for NPT. I hope this isn't an issue...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned