The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

thread pattern

dsmtalontsi95

What is the thread pattern on the oil presure sending unit? I'm trying to install an after market electronic one but it doen't seem to be a direct fit so I was looking into a "t" or something. I'm using a sterwart warner oil 0-100 gauge. Does anyone know what I need to get to make this work?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Do you mean the oil pressure light switch on the filter housing? It is 1/8 BSPT (not quite same as NPT).

dsmtalontsi95

Thnks, Where do I find a "t" for male bspt, female bspt and a female npt? Would summit have something like that?

Summit should, Napa or the like might as well. Also, most plumbing places will have them (though they may not look the nicest).

Hertz

Staff member
Be careful of plumbing brass fittings and heavy sensors on Ls and Ts. We've had at least one failure due to stress crack. Put the sensor on a few inches of hose or get some beefy fittings... or both.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Pegasus has BSPT fittings.

dsmtalontsi95

does anyone know if someone makes a remote location kit to install a sending unit off the block? I read somewhere that the vibration from the motor will cause them to fail prematurly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned