The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

This dont look right to me....

MellowVR4

WHEIR DO I FIND A BALANCED CLUTCH, because im going to change my rear motor mount and see if that fix my problem. If that dont work, im about to give up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Gizmovr4

check out this post

click

having the wrong front mount bracket will cause what you have pictured in your post - did you check to see if the number "344" was stamped on it? this is the bracket that mounts to the block below the turbo.. motor mounts are the same for DSM's but that bracket is different. If the car had a motor swap from a dsm in the past there is a good chance its got the wrong bracket. They look very simular and people dont realize they are different. The wrong bracket will cause the motor to be higher in the front and the diff to be lower in the back...

Last edited:

MellowVR4

so by looking at the pics does this mean my driveshaft is too short

steve

Would you please address Gizmo's question??

fuel

Quoting MellowVR4:
so by looking at the pics does this mean my driveshaft is too short

Your mounts are mis-matched, you should be able to spot that the engine is not cantered as far forward as it should be. Make sure all four mounts are Galant VR-4 specific and you should be fine.

MellowVR4

i got the right bracket on their, motor mounts are all polyurethanes, but ima try to unbolt all the mounts and try to manoover the motor so the trnsfercase can align it self. see if that works. I gave on this car, but getting back on my feet and i really want to fix this issue

MellowVR4

are they all different or just the front ones different

if i recall right. the mounts are similar. but the front bracket is different in teh vr4. this allows the position of the motor wto change allowing it to sit more snugly into the engine bay then the t/e/l

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned