The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

think these will work for 4ws removal? komatsu jic plugs

bob92vr4

So I was browsing the net looking for metric Jic/Jis plugs and i found these I'm gonna order a set and try them out unless someone has already used them let me know if you all think these will work. I have already tried the oil drain plugs witch will work if i cut them down but i think these will work even better. komatsu 30 deg plug

belize1334

I used oil drain plugs with brass washers and I had no issues. They don't need to be cut down.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
No reason they need that seat surface, since that is not how the original lines seal. Also, JIC is 37*, not 30*, so they are not really JIC.

The originals use an oring seat (if you are removing the hardlines from the rack, as that is what I am picturing).

Nate

I also used two oil drain plugs, wrapped them with teflon tape, and they worked great. I did use Mitsu ones, though, not ones from the parts store that have a huge head on them.

bob92vr4

that could be the issue im having i used just generic ones from the parts store and they have a huge head and a very long thread on them so they dont even seat against the copper washers

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned