The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

These brakes are either Rangi or gangster....

RedTwo

I stole this off DSMtalk (or something similar.)
This brake set up is either really, really Rangi (uhhh... "ghetto" may be the most appropriate translation) or (because I haven't seen it before) amazingly brilliant in their simplicity.

Evo Brembos rear brakes on a 1G. Handbrake runs off the factory caliper. I wonder if they've just drilled two new holes on the left hand side for a bracket...

381gvr4

^^^ Had same thought. 1g/gvr4 uses ebrake incorp'd to stock caliper while brembo's use drum ebrake. Have had the same problem on previous build.

14u2nV

"Evo Brembos rear brakes on a 1G. Handbrake runs off the factory caliper."

did you guys miss that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

381gvr4

Who reads a full thread after midnight?!?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

CarRacer

I read that as well. It doesn't say if there is still fluid going to both calipers though. You never know what some DSM'ers will do.

Flip4G63

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif WOW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Quoting CarRacer:
I read that as well. It doesn't say if there is still fluid going to both calipers though. You never know what some DSM'ers will do.

If it does it would help guys with autos keep from pushing though the brakes.

Rausch

Check out Paul's solution to that one in his build thread.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting LunarShadow:
yippie, more unsprung weight.

That's what I was thinking. What's gained?

Dialcaliper

Gained: Evo 2 pot calipers and larger rotors - presumably better rear braking. I doubt fluid goes to both calipers - how would you go about splitting the line unless you were clinically insane?

Lost: I'm guessing about 7-12 pounds unsprung when you count the extra calipers, brackets and bigger rotors?

H05TYL

If the stock rear brakes aren't sufficient to balance the front brakes it'll gain some very neccessary stability under braking (backing it into a corner unintentionally is NOT fun).

Plus handbrakes are useful things on street cars!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned