The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The build of 1078. Yes it's auto swapped, no I'm not sorry.

GolfBall

nice man, auto FTW.

how'd you do your shifter, just pull it from a stock auto car?

Boost4U

Right now I have a dsm shifter but it sits too high so I'm going to look into it her shifter options. I was thinking a b&m hammer.

Nate

I love that it's auto. Get the tranny setup dialed in and you should be able to just drive the thing, instead of worrying about rebuilding transmissions all the time.

Love it!

Boost4U

It should be pretty reliable when im done. Hopefully finish it up this winter.

Boost4U

a646252c.jpg

Here it is, got the gauge pod fabbed up. Still need to add a few more layers of fiber glass and it will be done. I need to make the cut out for the radio. The options for gauges in the galant suck. I don't like where the gauges have to be but with the gauges angled up it makes is a little better.
40725125.jpg

4e2edcb9.jpg

45e92771.jpg

That makes five layers of fiber glass. Should be plenty strong enough to hold the radio. But just to be on cautious side I'll make some reenforcement once I have the cut out done.

Boost4U

Here's a little update, I wanted the gauges up as far as I could get them. that's why I put the radio on the bottom and tilted the gauges. I still have a lot of work to do but this is where I'm at right now. Comments, concerns anybody?
4da74661.jpg

1f83f4fd.jpg

1a828033.jpg

That was my car 14 years ago!!!!!!! Ren traded it from me a long time ago. maybe 2000-2001? that was my first of 6 vr4's. GREAT TO SEE IT COMING ALIVE!

Boost4U

It is a pretty nice car. Mostly all there. My plans for it have changed a little bit. I will be building it to a basically stock daily driver. Small turbo small injectors so on. I'll build a 1g to use as a weekend race car. Can't bring myself to turn it into a track car. It will still be auto because I'll have to deal with stop and go traffic and a auto galant is sweet.

fuel

America. The only country where people convert their stick shift cars to auto :p

Specter

The gauges look good! How do you tighten the fiber glass plate on the console? I had my after market sound system stolen, the robber cracked the console on the facia of the plate, its all hacked up and i do not remember how the stock ones go. I will be making another setup like yours and need to know what you did to screw it in place.

Boost4U

I made it with a lip on the back of the top so it kind of snaps in and I made it fit very snug. All of that plus the weight of the radio holds it in. I never had the stock piece to go by I just used plastic wrap and got the fiber glass mat to be the same size as the console. if you can work fiber glass its not hard.

Specter

I cannot work fiber glass but i can get it made as labour is very cheap around here so it wont be more than couple of bucks. Do give me the pics of the said lip and the place on the console where it snugs in when you have time. Thanks!

Boost4U

Quoting Specter:
I cannot work fiber glass but i can get it made as labour is very cheap around here so it wont be more than couple of bucks. Do give me the pics of the said lip and the place on the console where it snugs in when you have time. Thanks!

I'll see what I can come up with for you. It fits snug in the whole thing.

Boost4U

Quoting matt92vr4:
Sweet! Love the ATX!

Thanks man.

Terrance362

I am loving the setup. I like the Auto swap. I will be asking a few questions about the swap because I want to do one my self. Keep the up dates coming

Boost4U

I will do. My progress has been stopped because of work and tryingto get my newly acquired gsx up to dd standards. What was I thinking. This may have been the worst thing I could buy. Poor galant may never get finished...

Terrance362

Oh you are gonna finish it if I have to come help. I have only seen one Auto galant and this makes two. I want to be the third with the metro trans that jeff bush is running but I need to do a little more research. What is holding you up on the build?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned