The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

tail light trim removable?

tektic

Ok so broke a tail light lense. There are a bunch of gs lights for sale with the chrome trim but mine are gsx with the black trim.
Has anyone tried to remove or swap trim? Does it come off easily?

Spyke169

I'll take a look at my spare set in a little bit when I'm down in the garage.

mitsuturbo

Can't swap trim from 91 to 92 though. Lights are completely different. I wanted to replace the chrome around my 92's and the black from the 91 vr4 lights simply doesn't match up. At all.

92_talon_awd

Took one apart this morning, snapped a few pics for ya. Very easy to take the trim off, 10 little phillip head screws. 2 of them are hiding inside the housing.

92_talon_awd

No problem man, I actually was mailing a whole set of tails out and remembered this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

tektic

Now I just have to figure out how to get the aerosol overspray off the black trim I'm swapping to the new lense and ill be all set. 400 grit sandpaper followed by 1500 I'm guessing.

92_talon_awd

Quoting manikbastrd:
where could those be going!?!?

They got inspected inside and out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

manikbastrd

Quoting tektic:
Now I just have to figure out how to get the aerosol overspray off the black trim I'm swapping to the new lense and ill be all set. 400 grit sandpaper followed by 1500 I'm guessing.

Try some clay bar. Worked on my trim and even on my paint.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned