The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

t3/t4 turbine house questions

dsmless

so I installed my new gt2876r it as a t3 housing, a sbr cast manifold and the problem is that the turbine housing contacts the engine block were the front balance hump is at, its got about 0.008 of inch clearance with a feeler gauge will this affect anything? do i need to grind down the block/housing? anyone ran into this problem? thanks guys for your help

PreskitVR4

You may be able to loosen the bolts, wiggle it, pull it away from the block, then tighten them again and get a touch more clearance, but that probably wont affect much even if that doesnt do anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dsmless

yeah tryed that no help drove the car around a little today it feels good so will give it a try thanks

PJGross

I have an old school turbonetics knockoff manny (cast T3 with tial flange on runner 1) and with a 4-bolt T3 turbine housing the snail is offset enough that it would hit the block. We used a 1/2" T304 laser cut manifold spacer (I'm not sure who made it) with 2 factory manifold gaskets and longer studs to get it away from the block. It actually works pretty well. From what I recall, the 4 bolt T3 housings have a different offset or at least more meat on the back than the internal wastegate 5 bolt housings.

-PJ

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned