The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Suspension woes

vr4play

Tire rack has the koni yellow front inserts for $142 ea. on sale right now. The rears you need are off of a 2g eclipse. They have the koni red special shocks for $68 ea. For a daily those should be fine and its not much more than the kyb set-up. I have driven in a car with evo shocks and it was nice so if you can find that cheap its a good idea as well.

Steve885

Can anyone dig up a thread on modifying evo suspension.. I found some cheep and want to do this but have no luck finding threads.

James

Man it's 6am and the first thing I read this morning was your post.

I'm glad I took half a second to read Steve's post before I replied

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Steve885

Your actually not being a asshole...thank for doing the work. The search on this site boggles me even when I use the + - " " any way that why were here helping each other keep these pieces on the road .again thanks

Steve885

Oh and I didn't look at the list from the start...I used the search to start ......so yeah call me names !!! Lol

raptorWagon

The search function is easy to use!

If you were looking for Evo suspension type +Evo +suspension and search only in the "How To" sub forum.
Quotes searches a phrase
Minus (-) excludes things like if you only want thread results, type -Re: and it won't show the replies.

prove_it

I love my evo suspension. Can't wait to throw on a set of Swift progressive springs too. Front is kinda bouncy, but not bad. If you buy the suspension any good welder can TIG the bushings into place. That's all that is "willy nilly" about the swap. Cost me $15 bucks and small talk to have it done.

KiNgMaRtY

I would suggest getting the Koni's. They are just fantastic for the price. I have Koni yellow with H&R springs and the ride is so comforting for my 70 mile roundtrip to and from work. It is feels much better than the OEM Evo suspension

I've hadthe AGX + H&R's an the AGX's cannot handle the springs.

I currently have Bilstein's + Swift Spec R spings in my Evo and that is also more comfortable than the OEM KYB's because the Swift springs are progressive as are the H&R's. My Koni setup is still more comfortable though

James

So would 1g konis in the from and 2g konis in the back be a bolt on deal or do DSM suspension need modifying also

prove_it

Inserts require cutting the top off of the shock, and removing the "guts" of the shock. Not a bolt on deal, just time and messy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned