The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sunroof Delete?

Fiascoxl

Ok so after staying up till 5 a.m. last night and battling a few hours this morning before work I still cannot find my electrical short causing my sunroof relay fuse to blow.

I narrowed it down to a blue with black stripe wire leading to the ETACS(what a wonderful overly complicated p.o.s. system to say the least). I pulled back as much wire as possible and cannot find any burnt wires or anything. I'll also add that the wire is acting like a ground when applied to the negative side of my volt meter and the positive to positive.

This is consistent with me originally doing the same to #13 fuse location with the top of it seeing battery voltage(fed from main) and the lower portion seeing ground somehow possibly leading up to that LB wire going into the etacs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Ok so now the backstory is complete has anyone successfully and cleanly installed a piece of tinted lexan into the hole and removed all the heavy sunroof motor, glass and tracks? Seems like some window weld would work easily but finding a seal to overlap onto the roof so it doesn't looked hacked would be tricky? A carbon plug would really be trick but I seen a aftermarket company that wants a lot for a custom plug and the whole sunroof if possible there.

Any Suggestions? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

idreamidrive

check out honda tech for ideas, that place is a gold mine sometimes.
I know my friend just recently did a carbon plug for his em1. click
Not sure the idea will work for what you want.

JNR

I thought it had been done on here, but it was quite some time ago and probably got deleted with all the other "old stuff". You probably already searched for it, though.

Personally, I would just fix the sunroof...mainly because I like it and did use it quite a bit. Never gave me issues, although thought I read that the drains should be kept cleared out from time to time.

vr4play

I made my own sunroof delete. I still have the mold but don't really want to try and make a carbon one as mine came out kind of funky. Good enough for me but I wouldn't sell one. I can make a fiberglass one though. I have the one that I used to test fit before making the carbon one if your interested. Just needs painted.

Fiascoxl

Yes I am very much interested. Does it go in by itself? I really want to get rid of the tracks as well as the glass.

edit: found the post with the sunroof delete in it, I knew I seen it before. click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts