The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

suggestions (or a FAQ) on removing/replacing wiring harness?

HunterDG

I'm in the process of removing my engine harness.. have it completely d/c from the engine bay.. but having trouble finding the firewall entry point from the inside of the car.. It looks like i'm going to have to remove the HVAC blower assembly or more.. but i'm curious if anyone can offer tips? Didn't quite find anything on vfaq..

HunterDG

well here's a mini-FAQ then..

to remove the wiring harness, the HVAC blower assembly and AC Core need to be removed as well.

this involves disconnecting the AC lines from the firewall in the engine compartment (this will release any coolant you have, and is illegal in many states, so beware), and also disconnecting the small black plastic condensation drain hose roughly half a foot down and slightly to the right of the AC connections.

ON the inside, one should remove the glove box (2 philips head screws)
remove the aluminum bar that stretches from the center console to the kickpanel (2 philips screws and 2 10mm bolts)

from the inside firewall, unscrew both the HVAC blower motor (3x 12mm nuts) and the AC condenser assembly (2x 12mm bolts, 1x 12mm nut)

loosen the AC condenser unit and lower it slightly, then completely remove the blower assembly, and then remove the AC condenser unit. (this method will make sense i promise)

there is a special plastic connector around the harness that must be pushed through the firewall with caution, just as with any other connector. Then simply thread the harness up and through the firewall and into the engine compartment.

tada..

Last edited:

strokin4dr

I removed mine without removing any of the a/c stuff. All I did was loosen the bolts that hold the blower motor box in place. It took some time and was not fun, but was a lot better that having to take everything out from under the dash.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned