The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Strut braces!!! Need help :@

I own a 1991 galant gs right? so i want a front strut tower brace, but i cant seem to find one! so i was wondering if a 1st gen eclipse strut brace will fit on my galant!?? Thanks for your time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

524of1000

Yes, but you will have to swap the ends or install it backwards for the fronts. The rears should bolt right in. In the VR4 that is....

belize1334

I think the GS has a different bolt pattern for the strut top which means that the GVR-4 and/or TEL strut tower bars may not fit. If you decide to try it definitely get one of the cheap ebay ones and then it won't be a huge loss if it doesn't work out. I got mine for less than $20 shipped...

Ohhh well I made my car GS! But it was a 1991 galant ls! so i hope it fits! I went to wikipedia and the 6g galant is 66.7 inches wide and so the 1g eclipse! so if it doesnt fits ill develop a proyect to fit it in!

misterfixit

ALL E30a series galants have the same strut towers up front. the only issue is what is in the way between the towers.

Of the four holes, any with power steering use the rear three, and if its manual steering from the factory the top mount is flicked round and uses the front three. a different rake angle (i'll look it up and post that)

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned