The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock spring mods

prove_it

Anyone recommend cutting stock springs for better ride height? If so what were your results.
Yes I did search. Came up with cutting H&R springs, not the stock springs.

ktmrider

Check the threads regarding 1g and EVO springs ( lots and lots o' them ).
I run the stock EVO springs with one coil cut off the fronts. Good spring rate ( both compression and rebound ) for my GR2 struts and DD.

Last edited:

prove_it

I'm looking for a cheap(free) change. I just spent about 4 grand getting the car running and driving. So yea kinda broke and dislike the wheel gap.
I know that will get evo springs in the future, but unless someone has a set for sale for around twenty bucks, then it needs to be free.

Lonewolf64

I would not ride around on cut springs, but that's just me. Wait until you can do it right, or don't do it at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
If you've already spent 4,000 to get it running, why cheap out now?

Gimpin

You can see the wheel gap when you are driving .... Spend less time looking at the car and more time driving it

prove_it

I don't have a job. I'm bored and poor. It's bothering me. That's why.

gvr4ever

I'm on stock springs and GR2s. Ya, it has a gap, but it rides right. Also, if you drive it right, the last thing you are thinking about is wheel gap. Who cares, it is a street car right?

Don't cut your springs.

ktmrider

Quoting prove_it:
I'm looking for a cheap(free) change. I just spent about 4 grand getting the car running and driving. So yea kinda broke and dislike the wheel gap.
I know that will get evo springs in the future, but unless someone has a set for sale for around twenty bucks, then it needs to be free.

I got my EVO springs from Egay for $27 shipped. Check the EVO-M site, lots of dropped EVO's around and the stock springs go for near "free".
The spring rate is around 180 vs 140 for the stock GVR4 coils. Made a huge difference in body roll and was not too stiff for the daily commute or wife-o-meter.

prove_it

nice. Yea I do love the way my car looks. It's a pride thing. I like to make my car mine. Also lowering it about an inch helps to keep air from under the car. Better aerodynamics. When you drive brick shaped cars, all helps.

Yes I already have an air dam.

fivestardsm

Quoting gvr4ever:
I'm on stock springs and GR2s. Ya, it has a gap, but it rides right. Also, if you drive it right, the last thing you are thinking about is wheel gap. Who cares, it is a street car right?

Don't cut your springs.

Wow can I have that picture? Its pretty sweet, if so throw it in an envelope and send it to me when you get a chance, I will hit you up with some moneyzz in a few weeks.. Better yet, would you be willing to trade for some magic beans?

(P.S sorry for hi-jacking)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned