The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Still no start

Diego

Okay so i replaced my spark plugs and wires and my timing belt is on, cams turn and starter goes and fuel pump is chuggin..... why they hell wont it start?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

i have even sprayed starting fluid up in the t-body... no start
cylinder 1 when i pulled the plug has oil soaking.. wihile the rest were lean burned... whats up someone help...

losing my sanity one second and new part all the time
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

autobahntom

If you sprayed starting fluid in while cranking and it didn't start, then you probably don't have spark. Start with the simple things, make sure coil pack is plugged in, power pack is plugged in, etc. Check and see if you don't have spark on all cylinders, not just one.
Tom

Diego

sorry i know where the coil is but wtf is the powerpack?? whre the heck is that?

im so frustrated... need to sell her

autobahntom

small black, a bit bigger than two zippo lighters laying side by side. Mounts to the intake manifold, if you have a stock one-down on the side by the driver's strut.
Tom

Diego

ugh.. ill check that... but it died when i was letting it idle like 2 weeks ago... went to throw it in reverse and it dies... FRUSTRATED

cbr900turbo

Also if you have no spark it could be the main relay near the ecu, the ecu itself, the igniter chip (Ignition module), Cam angle sensor, or coil. Or just maybey a bad connection or ground.

Diego

^ if it comes down to that i will just sell it. i cant take the frustration of this car never lasting and my life crumbling each day.

who wants it.

You have several DSM shops in Iowa. If you don't feel up to troubleshooting it yourself you should have it flat-bedded to one. Or, worst case, find a local repair shop that has DSM experience. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif No one wants to pay much for a non-functional car, so you're just hurting yourself. And, a decent DSM shop just might sort out any other issues while they have it, and you may actually learn to like the car again.

Diego

i so would like to know where a local dsm shop is in iowa... closest is sioux falls to my knowledge 71 miles away and they are way way tooo pricey... or i theres kansas. eh

i just dont get what happened... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Diego

tiffin is on the complete other side of iowa from me... 8 hrs or so..

i emailed the omaha guy ... thanks keydiver..

good help

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned