The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Some update on my car

JSchleim18

Ugly as sin...I like the first wheels much better (the 17's)

Tre3zy

i think they are too big for the car to be honest.... maybe try some 18x9's?

While I like the wheels I too think they're too BIG. They would be perfect in 17's for sure. They're off a friend's Evo. We swapped wheels so he could dyno his car. He's got his wheels back now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tre3zy

yea i think 17 would be perfect.... i wonder how 18's would look on our cars though....

Romanova

Quoting Garfield Wright:
What do you guys think of these wheels? 19x9

stewie_02.gif

Sorry GW... too big...

turbowop

Quoting Tre3zy:
yea i think 17 would be perfect.... i wonder how 18's would look on our cars though....

18's are borderline too big, IMO. And this is coming from a guy that had a couple sets of them on his car several years ago. 17's are just right in both aesthetics and performance.

mitsuturbo

YOU HAVE DIED OF DYSENTERY!

18 inch wheels look a little too big/gaudy.

Those 19's above just look like they belong on a Conestoga Wagon... especially in that color.

Last edited:

RedTwo

I don't know... I think I like it. I mean, they fit pretty well and you haven't taken the springs out of your car, and you can easily traverse speed bumps, so it looks alright.

cheekychimp

Quoting Tre3zy:

I've got 18s on my project car and in my opinion they look very good with the correct offset. They really fill the arches well.

PreskitVR4

Quoting cheekychimp:
Quoting Tre3zy:

I've got 18s on my project car and in my opinion they look very good with the correct offset. They really fill the arches well.

^^^^^^+1 I love how 501 looks when i put the CE28s on.

RedTwo

I want some of those so badly... but not enough to pay $1000+ a wheel when new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

boostedinaz

Quoting PreskitVR4:
Quoting cheekychimp:
Quoting Tre3zy:

^^^^^^+1 I love how 501 looks when i put the CE28s on.

I noticed Tony's EVO in front. Are those the CE28s he had on his old white 1G?

Overkill

I didn't like them on the galant, but they look good on the evo. I think your first picture with 17's looks good though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned