The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

some random pics of stuff

icurunnin

I still need to port my e3 O2 a little more and I am going to start porting the 14b heavily today on both exhaust and compressor sides. one is a comparison of the 3" cmpe downpipe for a e3 vs the stock downpipe.
I never realized how long the stock exhaust from O2 to muffler was.

Kenny_Kline

What manifold do you plan on running? You can usually find evo3 manifolds for around 70-100 shipped and they flow as much as a ported 2g manifold.

I really dont see the gain in porting the compressor side of the turbo "heavily". I think its a waste of time. You only can open the outlet so far and you really wont gain anything anyways. Maybe port the intake side of the compressor housing... I dont see how it will help such a small turbo spool or get more air in. I guess if your bored, go for it though. Porting the hotside is huge! Gasket match the hotside to the 16g gaskets. Personally, I would look for a 7cm hotside to start with. Your stock 6cm hotside will never flow as much as a 7cm hotside even if its ported. Not to mention, your stock hotside is probably all cracked up. I have a heavily ported 6cm hotside and have changed it out for a 7cm hotside I still have to port. I hate the whole idea of recirculating the wastegate tube. Maybe look into an open dump O2 housing or maybe running an external gate. Gain much more power instead of choking up the exhaust at the o2 housing

Kenny_Kline

I have about 7 hours port work into my manifold, hotside, and O2 housing and im still not done. Everything has to flow evenly and straight and it really takes time to make perfect to see any real gains. Gasket or port matching a lip doesnt really gain you much. Its increasing the internal volume of the entire setup

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned