The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 1992 Galant VR-4 KG #527/1000, Sonoma, CA. SOLD

maxash0775

Let me know if you get the fifth gear thing worked out. I am trying to convince my wife to "Invest " in another GVR4 but it has to be 100% functioning or ELSE!!!

Sorry bud, I really don't have the time to let the dealership have it for a week or even a mechanic for a few days. Let me know if you want to come by and check it out though.

maxash0775

Any update on the tranny issue. I had an issue today where it wouldnt shift into reverse or 5th due to new back up sensor. Just wonderign if that is the issue. I am still interested.

Jay at SRM is unavailable to take a look at the tranny right now. And I really don't have any time to have the car down for any significant amount of time (still using it as my daily). If anyone on here can give me a "how to" on how to get the reverse light switch shimmed properly I will attempt to do it myself.

dsm10o0

just put a crush washer and dont over tighten it.

Nice, could you tell me where the switch is located on the tranny? What it looks like and how many wires it has? THANKS!

Brunoboy

It's the only thing with a plug on the trans.....

JCorbo25

Quoting troyatWORKS:
Nice, could you tell me where the switch is located on the tranny? What it looks like and how many wires it has? THANKS!

It's between the battery and MAS in this picture, you'd have to remove one or the other, but probably not both (depending on how your battery is mounted). There is a bundle of wire that run over the top of the transmission, one wire pops out of it onto the top of the transmission to a black plug, that is your reverse sensor. Unplug it, remove it, add washer, re-install.

IMG_4081.jpg

Brunoboy

its sunny the rest of the week. lol

LOL I wish it was sunny today. I live out by the coast so we get rain and drizzle all the time today its not raining like I thought it would though, just some sprinkles. Battary and intake have been removed and work is being done... we'll see.

Transmission is fixed, 5th goes into gear like a hot knife through butter. Thanks to all of you who offered their assistance with fixing the issue. It was the switch, it was over tightend and the ball in the switch could not move, locking out 5th gear. Added a washer and its good to go. The ball was not damaged but the area around the ball was mushroomed out so I bought a new switch from SRM today and will be picking it up tomorrow. I did look inside the hole in the tranny where the switch goes and did not see any further damage.

brunoboy - you must be a weather man for a living, turned out to be a beautiful day.

bustedsm

Wish I had the money, just waiting to see if this trade goes through on my Typhoon. I need to be back in a VR4 asap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i knew it was that damn reverse switch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif wish u were on the east coast i would be alll over this. GL with the sale

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts