The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Signal Light Problem - JDM Bumper Installed

Chim55117

Hey guys,

46/1000 has a JDM bumper on it, and I know that on the UDSM bumpers, the front signals are in the bumper. Now that the JDM bumper is on, if I click the signal to the right or left, the rear lights will blink rapidly, but there are no signals for the front. I know that it is because the JDM bumper does not have signals, and this is creating a short in wiring, making the back lights blink faster. What I want to know is how do to get the front of the car to have signals/wiring wise, with the JDM now installed. How have other members with JDM front bumpers overcome this problem? As always, thanks in advance!

- Stephen

A shot of the VR-4 from a month back, slightly adjusted in photoshop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JDM clear corners with the double bulbs. Use one set for blinkers and one for running lights. With the right connectors you don't even need to cut the harness.

turbowop

I use JDM single bulb corners on 1051 for blinkers. I don't have a corner light anymore, but no biggie.

On 503 I use the JDM foglights that have blinkers in them.

kaptainballistik

Definetley a front wiring issue. As noted there are 2 different types of JDM driving lights. But one plug style.... ( as far as I remember!) you may need some minor rewiring.

Brianawd

I picked up some trailer lights and mounted them in the bumper. Work out great.

turbowop

Quote:
I got the single bulb corners and put a TEL wiring harness on it. They are my running lights and blinkers.

So I went to the junkyard today to find some of these 1157 dual filament sockets from a DSM. They didn't have any in the yard, HOWEVER...I did find some out of a little Toyota that work. I think it was a little Corolla. Anyway, I had to open up one of the notches on the socket opening of the corner lamp about 2mm to get these ones to fit, super easy. It works great, hopefully the dimmer filament doesn't melt the orange inner piece on the corner light. The blinker filament is definitely brighter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts