The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Should i save 965/2000? anybody remember this car?

pizzaluvr

the car is no rust car but the body is hiding something(bondo) no frame damage that i could find. i remember this car for sale in florida along time ago. what is the story on this car? anybody know? it is 10 miles from my house. she needs alot of work!!!

Quoting pizzaluvr:
the car is no rust car but the body is hiding something(bondo) no frame damage that i could find. she needs alot of work!!!

All cars have a story to tell, they all have something to hide too. 1517 was rear ended once and I couldn't ever tell until I pulled the rear bumper to change the bumper skin. Its been hit up front too, evident only when I pulled the fenders off for jdm replacements. Neither of those hits were very hard though. I guess the real question is where is the bondo? If its in the quarters it sucks, but everywhere else would be okay to me. And every mitsubishi ever built needs a little work. Even if its only an oil change. Save her, love her, and enjoy the ride.

TurboTrader

I owned 965/2000 January to July last year. My plans were for a full drag build, but I lost interest and never got started, 145/2k was bought at the same time, and it was the more promising one to build up between the two.

965 has changed hands alot over the last several years. From what I can tell on the vehicle history report it has not been driven since at least 2001. From what I could tell it was very free of rust, there had been bondo work done in the quarter panel areas, but looking inside the trunk area where that is, it didn't appear to be anything too deep, just poor body work.

Having changed hands so many times, the right owner needs to come along and snatch it up, strip it to the shell and do a full frame-off (so to speak) restoration IMO, otherwise there is really no hope. I still have the AutoCheck vehicle history report (if the current owner would like a copy, I'd be glad to e-mail it), and it is clean, no accidents reported or anything of that nature.

What whomever does purchase it does need to realize, as with even the cleanest of Galant shells, these things are approaching 20-years old, and to get it back on the road (and be reliable), will be neither cheap, nor easy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned