The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Shift knobs what do you like what do you have?

524of1000

When I bought it it had a shitty, nasty walmart knob on it. I swapped it with an HKS limited edition, but I didn't like that one either, so now it's a leather 2g and it's awesome.

WaRrIoRs16

Quoting onesickcrx:
After some one commented on my 4 speed shift knob it got me thinking, what do you guys all have for shift knobs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I always liked the Integra Gsr shift knobs which has a similar feel to 2g hammer leather knob. I don't remember where my current shift knob came from I like the feel of it. I'd like to buy a weighted carbon fiber one or another nice leather shift knob. So what do you like and what do you have pics welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You have the stock shift knob with the leather taken off of it. The stitching on my stock one was coming out so I just ripped it all off, in doing so I magically lost 5th gear. I'm using a weighted 2g one now and it feels so much better than the stock one without the leather.

DR1665

I used to have a generic ITR knob in my Talon. Loved it. This thread reminds me I ought to pick up another one.

For the rally car, I don't know if I want to install an extended shifter, raise the stock shifter (for similar effect), or keep it stock. :/

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting WaRrIoRs16:
Quoting onesickcrx:
After some one commented on my 4 speed shift knob it got me thinking, what do you guys all have for shift knobs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I always liked the Integra Gsr shift knobs which has a similar feel to 2g hammer leather knob. I don't remember where my current shift knob came from I like the feel of it. I'd like to buy a weighted carbon fiber one or another nice leather shift knob. So what do you like and what do you have pics welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You have the stock shift knob with the leather taken off of it. The stitching on my stock one was coming out so I just ripped it all off, in doing so I magically lost 5th gear. I'm using a weighted 2g one now and it feels so much better than the stock one without the leather.

Hmm... I peeled mine & still show a five speed pattern /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbowop

Same here. The knob on 503 is stock with the leather peeled off after it started to fall apart. Still 5 speeds showing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

RedTwo

I have a (knock off I assume) Greddy knob. It's pretty weighty, somewhere around 1-1.5kg! I thought it was made from aluminium /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
The plastic perforation band had Greddy logos on the halfway mark (unperforated) and was originally glued to the body but now it just spins :/
Some dodgy 'carbon fiber' thing with the Greddy logo again on the top of it.

donkeylips

My stock knob has the 5-speed pattern under the leather and I like it a lot. Not sure if I've compared them side by side but its a lot like the 2g non-leather shift knob which I also like. Those can be had for around $6 brand new.

For looks, I think a 1g shifter with a 2g boot and 2g or evo knob can look good. I like the stock shift boot if you keep the stock or 2g knob, and a longer shift lever - like the stock one, or a little shorter.

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/keke.gif

curtis

Whats this in the floorboard is Rance doing wiring mods on the BMW.

AS for mine I have a 1g donkey and plan on over to the side mounting a bolt on a pivot with a range rover 4wd selector. Figured I could bullshit some victims. "Damn the car want go in awd so I'll have to run you in fwd mode". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Rausch

Quoting curtis:
Whats this in the floorboard is Rance doing wiring mods on the BMW.

Yeah, he wired up the backlighting and gear select wiring too. Even installed a dimmer for it- The guy is GOOD!

turbofonz

Evo knob is fantastic.

14u2nV

Since you guys know a lot about knobs
keke.gif
What are these three? The leather one weighs a pound, the others are light.

Left to right

either 2g leather wrap or 3kgt, stock 1g horse cock, stock galant missing wrap?

BTW if you ever want to get rid of the 2g or what ever one that black leather one is i'd like to take it off your hands.

Jesse

Last edited by a moderator:

14u2nV

I don't think the one is a stock galant, it's odd shaped and not like my other vr4 knob.

Make me a good offer and I might sell the heavy one, it's the one in my car now, but everything is always for sale for the right price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quoting Jesse_W:
Left to right

either 2g leather wrap or 3kgt, stock 1g horse cock, stock galant missing wrap?

BTW if you ever want to get rid of the 2g or what ever one that black leather one is i'd like to take it off your hands.

Jesse

curtis

Quoting gtluke:
Fist Full Of Neutrals
416448757_7Cin8-XL-1.jpg

Now thats classic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

gtluke

I need a better picture of it, preferably with the interior in tact /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Love it!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned