The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

setting base timing with data logger?

presterone

So I read that if your datalogger is plugged in you can't correctly set base timing because your ecu will be in idle adjustment mode when you ground out the plug. My datalogger is a little different so I'm not sure if this still applies. I have a zietronix logger that is spliced into the ecu harness instead of the obd plug on the driversnside that a lot of people have there loggers hooked up. My data logger has a USB adapter hook up so all I did was unplug it so it was not plugged in when I set base timing. I assume this is OK but I was just looking to get some feedback. I feel as though my var is more laggy than usual and my timing might have been set a few degrees off.

swe_gvr4_1991

Wow! I would love to have more info on that datalogger since i am working on something like that also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back on topic:
As long as ECU pin #2 is not pulled to ground you will be fine.
The timing adjustment connector is pin 12 on the ECU, good to know. Pull it to ground and the ECU fix timing at 5*.

presterone

I forget what this cable is called its the same as old school phone jacks CAD5? Maybe.

So this is just a simple adapter to run one cable to the display and the other to a keyspan USB adapter

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned