The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Seized up Evo3 16G after ~1300 miles

1badgvr4

Quoting Scientist:
I'm waiting to see how my 3065 Performs....if I don't like it i already spoke to FP about upgrading to an HTA

Don't worry you'll like it lol.

4thStroke

Aaron with English is giving FP a call tomorrow, hopefully we can get a DSM76 on the way here pretty soon.

Anyone know how long it takes to get these hybrids from FP?

Brianawd

Quote:
Anyone know how long it takes to get these hybrids from FP?

It depends. Some times they have them on the shelf and other times they don't build a turbo tell they get the order. Then once they get the order it can be a waiting game because they don't always have all the parts on the shelf.

4thStroke

Thats exactly what I figured, I guess I was just hoping for something a little more enlightening.

When are you sending yours in for the upgrade, Brian? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

I already surprised a lot of people with the car, and that was just the begining. I wont be full time E85 like I was, but it will be nice to get better numbers than the pissed off 16G on pump.

When Aaron was checking it out, he was able to get it spin, but it was the nut that broke loose (with his fingers, what a beast!) and the impeller was spinning freeley from the shaft, which was also spinning freely. WTF? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

Brianawd

Quote:
Thats exactly what I figured, I guess I was just hoping for something a little more enlightening.

When are you sending yours in for the upgrade, Brian?

I already surprised a lot of people with the car, and that was just the begining. I wont be full time E85 like I was, but it will be nice to get better numbers than the pissed off 16G on pump.

When Aaron was checking it out, he was able to get it spin, but it was the nut that broke loose (with his fingers, what a beast!) and the impeller was spinning freeley from the shaft, which was also spinning freely. WTF?

I really don't know when I am going to send my turbo in for the upgrade. Maybe this winter. The car runs so well right now that I am happy with it. Plus that fact that I want a 10s pass on the FP3052. I know people have done it but I just have not seen it on a gvr4.

As for you turbo. It sounds like the it seized. Or maybe you broke the shaft

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned