The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sabucci

89coltgt

I bought a 14b/manifold off of him, which was supposed to be in excellent condition. I did get most of the parts, the turbine housing was attatched to the manifold by one rounded off bolt. The center section/compressor cover were seperated from the turbine housing and the v-band clamp was nowhere to be found. The turbine wheel and housing suffered quite a bit of damage, and there was an o2 housing bolt snapped off in it and the wg actuator flapper has been bent. Turbine wheel was damaged due to being exposed to bouncing around in his poorly packaging which consisted of everything in a smaller box and then put into a bigger box with a few air bags in there but was able to flop around inside the other box, the manifold hitting against turbine wheel, etc. I also did not recieve the wg actuator, which wasn't a big deal at all.

I then pmed him and let him know about this, then called fedex to see what I could have done. Got the run around like normal then they say he has to file for damaged goods and he agrees to do this, and mentions he has the v-clamp and actuator. He said he would send me a refund, but now after over a month, I haven't seen anything, I even offered to work out a deal with a few parts he had for a refund to help him out, which he had agreed to as well. Since then, I have sent him at least 5 pms and he has read them, but hasn't replied, all of this after saying that he was getting it taken care of.

it will be sent tommarow. i told you i had no ink to print the shipping label you emailed me and i told you i would pay out of my pocket to ship it. but you told me know. i work full time and go to school. i try to make time but fedex is only open til 6pm

89coltgt

Yeah he promised to reimburse me after posting this up, and now he won't reply to my PMs once again.

89coltgt

Just to update this, I still haven't recieved anything from this guy yet.

Lonewolf64

This guy is a jackass--NEVER buy from him. My brother bought a TRE stage 2 tranny from him. Sabucci said that it had a spider dif installed by John at TRE. My brother called up John and confirmed that this was a lie. Also, when the transmission shipped (a few weeks late naturally) the packaging was so bad that its a miracle the tranny even got to us in one piece. He stuffed a flimsy cardboard box with the trans and used *I sh%t you not* a greasy hoodie, one ski glove, and a disgusting pillow as packaging material.

When asked about this he merely said we didn't specify what he should pack the transmission with... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

the tranny came in a huge rubbermaid container that your brother specifically asked for, wtf cardboard box are you talking about? i think you need to lay off the crack pipe bro. that tranny was stuffed tighter than 20 people in smartcar. the 4spider, i have a recipt for price was 400$ AND i reimbursed your brother money, the tranny had 106 miles on it i paid 1,975 and he ended up getting it for..1200?? and this was monthssss ago and your crying now why??? oh and believe me, i couldnt careless if people "didnt buy from me" its not a big deal, thats why i have a job i dont need to be on here trying to make money, if i have sh*t laying around yeah ill post it, if people want it they want it if they dont they dont. but hey, dont worry too much im not losing sleep over it =)

Lonewolf64

Here are the pictures of the "tight" packaging. I'll let my brother handle the spider diff issue as he has emails from John at TRE to prove you are a liar.

i DEFFINATLY sent it in a rubbermaid container, i would know because i have a recipt for it.. but still, you are whinning why? did it get to your brother? yes. does it work 100%? yes. so cry me a river

steve

I think we've heard both sides. Unless someone has something of substance to add, I think the thread has served its purpose.
Lonewolf64, if there is anything further to add it should be done by your brother, who was the one involved with the transaction.

edit: fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

89coltgt

I believe you have me and lonewolf mixed up, but fwiw, my packaging was just as poor as the pics he listed up.

atc250r

Staff member
I believe you're right but to be fair, I was confused by the thread too. Like Steve said, if there is any new info or recent occurrences please post, if not then don't waste your time.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts