The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ripemloose

Struc

At the urging of several members on my local board, I'm going to post this up here, since he has a bunch of parts up for sale now. Not looking to have this turn into a flame war, but I think its right thing to do to warn the members here. I'll state just the facts, and everyone can decide if they want to deal with this guy or not.

I bought an engine from him, which was going to go into 56/1000. I was already frustrated, because I wasn't expecting to have to replace my whole engine (original 6-bolt was crankwalked). I asked, and was assured that the engine was in "Drop in and run condition" - exact words.

Upon getting the engine home, and inspecting, I immediately found 1 intake and 1 exhaust rocker that were off, and loose in the head. So, I decided to pull the head to ensure everything was OK. Upon doing so, I found that indeed there were some piston to valve dings in the pistons, but nothing too horrible. However, I also found the head gasket was blown on 2 cylinders. In addition, there were several scratches in the bores, which made me not want to run the engine as-is. Also, the oil pump was severely scored (I had later sold it, and the person who bought it contacted me about it, and I immediately gave him a full refund - it was supposed to only have 5k miles on it)

I tried, for several weeks, to come to some sort of agreement or arrangement with him to compensate me for the extra work and $$$ that would be required to make this engine "Drop in and run." He tried accusing me of lying about it, etc. I was trying to be totally reasonable about it (gave him 3 different options, told him to even make up his own option), but he woudln't do ANYTHING.

Not saying you will get ripped off, but I can tell you, if anything is wrong with the parts you get from him, you will not get any money back. Consider everything AS IS, regardless of what the descriptions says it is.

Hmm, wheres the facts? As I told you I pulled that motor out of my car one week after I decide to part it out. It sat in the same spot until you arrived. I am guessing that the rockers came off on you way home. The headgasket I didn't know was blown never seen anything that would lead me to believe so. The block being scratched, how would I know if I never took it apart along with the oil pump.

Everything that I told you that motor had replaced/done to it was told to me from the person that I bought the car from. I sold it to you with the best knowledge of it. IF you look at the previous owners for sale thread it says what was done to it and that's exactly what I told you.

Yes maybe I could have handled it differently but not after you regressed to being an a**hole.

Struc

The condition of the engine was misrepresented as "Drop in and run." If you would have said "I don't know" or "as-is", then I probably wouldn't have bought it, as that wasn't what I was looking for. The fact that it was misrepresented, and then you refused to do anything about it speaks volumes to the type of person you are.

Struc

Turns out the transfer case I purchased from him at the same time is also junk.

I've PM'ed him to see if he'll do anything about it or not, and will report back here.

Struc

He has been on the board at least twice, and ignored my last PM to him.

He has updated his for sale post, but not responded to my last PM.

Obviously, he won't do anything about defective parts he sells.

This guy doesn't care about anybody but himself. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Moderators: I personally feel this guy should be kicked off the board, but that's just me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned