The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Reviving #41/1000

I plan on dropping the tank tonight. Anyone know how much new tank/sending units usually go for and if GGSX ones are the same?

Last edited by a moderator:

fivestardsm

Quoting strokin4dr:
That is the crustiest sending unit eva!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I hope the tank is okay.

DSC01834.jpg

I just dropped mine aswell and it looked worse. My tank had an inch of scale and sludge in the bottom. I ended up dropping the tank and powerwashing it out for 2 hours while wrapping on the sides and bottom with a hammer lightly to dis-lodge any loose scale. After I got it to stop puking out scale's, I sprayed the inside down with 2 cans of carb cleaner to remove the varnish. then coated the inside with a can of engine fogger to stop the rusting until I could put a full tank of gas and some STP along with a pint of 2cyle oil. That will help the rest of the varnish.

vapid

New sending unit is like $500-$600

Another small update. I found the motor mount bolts and a clutch and dropped the motor/trans in. The next thing on my list is source the driveshaft nuts and bolts and a couple more rear-end bolts, finish up the wiring, get the stock IC pipes and button up whatever other small things need attention then hopefully start it up. Anyways here are a couple pics of the motor in.

DSC01854.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned