The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replica Key Fob Interest Thread

BluFalcon

I'll prepay for a fob or two. Once everything gets ironed out, just let me know where I need to send my PayPal.

Jesh

I'dd also be willing to prepay for a couple fobs.

You know I'm in! When ready, post an address of the one taking care of this. Still down to donate a couple extra toward the extra expenses.

Struc

I got a response from the person I emailed at MedalCraft. Here it is:

-------------------------
Curt,
After searching the archives, I have found that the Galant VR4 dies have been destroyed. Looking at the image, it doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult to remake. Pricing is as follows:

Charge to layout new art for cutting the dies = $50.00 (we can eliminate this charge if you have a keytag we can use to create the new dies)
Charge to create new die for 1991 = $250.00
year 1991 – 25 brass keytags - $6.75 each

Charge to create new die for 1992 = $250.00
year 1992 – 25 brass keytags - $6.75 each

Price to number keytags = $.95 per piece.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

mitsuturbo

It looks like 550 setup fee, and chumpchange from there on out for the individual items.

Depending on the amount, i'd likely be willing to make and equal contribution toward setup fees. If we get 50 people to do this, it would be dirt cheap. I know it's hard to get 50 members here to do ANYTHING together. Maybe this will be "the big one". Even with 30 people, it would be about $20 each which is totally reasonable.

Maybe there should be a thread, where the ONLY reason you put ONE post in it, is to put yourself in for this deal. That way a simple post count on the thread would show how many (and which) individuals would contribute.

Terry Posten

If we figure 50 of each year completely finished w/numbering, then the total cost for for each year comes to $635 total (each year). Divide by 50 fobs, the total for each fob is $12.50.

That is a smoking deal.

I will gladly pay $40 for a pair plus shipping ($20 each) to someone that wants to fund the whole deal. That way the "middle man" would make $14.60 per pair for a processing fee.

Who wants to fund this?

As I see it, whomever takes the lead on this, needs to lay down approximately $1300. Once they get the payments from everybody, they stand to make a cool $730 per 100 fobs...

I would pre pay for this.

Maybe even Hertz and do this through the site. Everybody "donate" $40 to the board and then get some keyfobs a month or so later.

Whats ya think Hertzy?

maroonmetallic

I will def say I will pay $50 for (2) 710/1000 keyfobs.
Let me know where to send payment.

-Shawn

Struc

There were already (via the 1st post that was updated) about 40+ keychains (some people wanted 2), and it doesn't look like it's been updated with all the people that have responded in the past week or so, so I'm sure we already have 50+ keychains wanted.

If Hertz doesn't want to fund and organize it, or the original poster (Darksyne), I would consider it.

Last edited:

steve

I was planning on funding this. I will try to get in touch with MedalCraft tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm 100% that the 1992 and 1991 key fobs are identical besides the year?

BrandonEchols

^ They are.
And we have a 1992 to use from wop.
If someone wants to donate a 1991 for use then we'd be set on both years and this would be awesome.

Brunoboy

lmk how much, i want a 352/1000.

SouthCaliVR4

I'd up my count to two if that helps the min numbers, I'm in on this for sure!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quoting Struc:
I got a response from the person I emailed at MedalCraft. Here it is:

-------------------------
Curt,
After searching the archives, I have found that the Galant VR4 dies have been destroyed. Looking at the image, it doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult to remake. Pricing is as follows:

Charge to layout new art for cutting the dies = $50.00 (we can eliminate this charge if you have a keytag we can use to create the new dies)
Charge to create new die for 1991 = $250.00
year 1991 – 25 brass keytags - $6.75 each

Charge to create new die for 1992 = $250.00
year 1992 – 25 brass keytags - $6.75 each

Price to number keytags = $.95 per piece.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I was about to post the same e-mail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quoting steveGLS:
I was planning on funding this. I will try to get in touch with MedalCraft tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm 100% that the 1992 and 1991 key fobs are identical besides the year?

I just sent you the contact information for the lady at MedalCraft!

Quoting Struc:
If Hertz doesn't want to fund and organize it, or the original poster (Darksyne), I would consider it.

I really don't have any desire to run a group buy. My point in doing all this was solely due to me just wanting a key fob for my car.

I'd much rather see any profit go back into GalantVR4.org since it has been such a great resource for these cars.

I'll update the first post with the latest counts!

I have updated the first post with where we are now in the process and the latest counts.

steve

Left a voicemail for the MedalCraft contact. Will keep you guys updated! Still looking for an original '91 fob to use for the die.

steve

Update.

Once I have the original '91 and '92 fobs in my possession, I will send them to MedalCraft and arrange payment. edit: '91 and '92 fobs should be on their way to me as we speak

I will update as things progress. I will also have an update regarding the engraving, which will probably be available with pre-payment. I have to nail down the prices and quantities first, which I'm working on.

Last edited by a moderator:

marvinmadman

I would like 2 for 136/1000, and one for 1982/2000. If they would be that cheap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts