The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Removing ABS wiring

gvr41190

I'm in the process of removing the ABS wiring inside the car. Most of it has been unloomed and traced from the connector (F-23) at the ABS computer in the trunk. There are 6 wires that go up under the dash and I'd appreciate your input on what to do with them. Hope this isn't too confusing!

I think that the YO wire goes to the Data Link connector (C-18). Can I cut and cap this?

At the ABS relay (C-21), I've got a blue/red wire (LR) that I'm fairly certain goes to the ignition. Can I cut and cap this?
At the ABS relay (C-21), I've got a black/red wire (BR). Is this the ground? Again, cut and cap?
C21 ABS Power Relay.jpg

From the ABS computer connector (F-23), there is a white wire going under the dash. Cut and cap? Is this to the gauge cluster?
From the ABS computer connector (F-23), I've got a green/red wire (GR) and a green/black (GB) that go under the dash and to connector C-26. I'm not very experienced with wiring diagrams, but from the fsm, I think the GR goes to the gauge cluster and the GB is part of the MFI circuit. Can these also be cut and capped?
F23%20ABS%20Computer.jpg

Please let me know if I've got this all mixed up. It's entirely possible!

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts