The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Reinstalling front bumper

twonineseven

it seems like there is another bolt under the corner lights. i got the nuts off from the turn signals and the ones in the wheel wells. just seems like it should pull away further

Lucas03ES

Did you get the two 14mm bolts that face upwards on the backside of the bumper support?

twonineseven

got it off i see you cut the bumper support did you cut into the frame in thr front at all... here is a pic of my set up

the only problem i have ran into is to where to relocate my external oil cooler... i'm thinking if i just have it behind the FMIC it should be fine... and what did you do for the hood release? I just fab'd up a 1/4 in think piece of angle iron and drill holes and connected it to the top of the front clip right behind where the grill goes

Last edited:

SmoothCustomer

I had to use crap loads of extensions too. Just use a pipe on the end of the wrench if it helps. Why can't you get the car off the ground? Hope there is a good excuse for that.

Lucas03ES

I didn't cut my support at all, but the previous owner did. There is no room on mine for the fogs because of the way the IC piping is routed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned