The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rebuilding power window assembly?

Boostdtalon

ok so my passenger side rear window does not work. the motor is bad and the cable is all twisted and is of no good anymore. I have a spare motor i know is good that i pulled from the galant parts car i had a while back. only problem is the cable on that one was messed up as well. ive searched rock auto, o'reallys, advance, etc. all i can find is the motor. Is it possible to get just a cable and does anyone know where?

Barnes

I would recommend hitting up on of the guys on the board that do regular part outs.

PM Natecrismon or thedsmguy.

DR1665

Do us all a favor? Snap some pictures and do a write up for the site? Right now, I have a window that rolls up really slowly and I'd like some decent instructions on how to remove the motor and separate all the components so I can inspect and possibly repair/replace them.

Thanks and good luck!

Barnes

Well, if boostdtalon doesn't do it, I'll try to in the future. I took apart the passenger door on #908 because the locks sucked ass, and everything felt nasty. I did a pretty good tear down and everything works way better. The window isn't super fast, but is better than before. I need to do the rest of the doors.

Boostdtalon

Quoting DR1665:
Do us all a favor? Snap some pictures and do a write up for the site? Right now, I have a window that rolls up really slowly and I'd like some decent instructions on how to remove the motor and separate all the components so I can inspect and possibly repair/replace them.

Thanks and good luck!

I'll take some pictures of everything to help you guys out. I know it would have done me alot of good to have something to look at. I'll try to get out there today and work on some of the pics. but right now we're expecting thunderstorms. God i miss my garage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would recommend hitting up on of the guys on the board that do regular part outs.

PM Natecrismon or thedsmguy.

Yeah I've already emailed Nate to see what he has in his inventory.

Last edited:

JackbNimble

Ask Hertz. I know a few months ago he had a box full of the motors apparently. I bought one off him.

misterfixit

If the window is slow and the winder is ok, pull the glass and the seal and clean the edge of the glass and the curly hidden bits of the seal with some alcahol on tissue. once back together the window doesn't stick in the runner as much. The window lift is a bit of a bugger to get apart. you have to unhook one exit from the window motor then unravel the cable from the pulley (do this with the motor off). The cable is the same as for a manual winder version.

Rich

MMCVR4

My front passenger side door glass came loose, after letting it down with the window switch. Sounds like a cable came loose/snapped, or possibly a stripped motor gear. I have yet to remove the door panel to take a closer look at what happened. The power window motor still works, but the glass does not go up or down (just loose).

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned