The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear end install

Lucas03ES

Im finally getting around to getting this 3bolt lsd rear in my car. I completely removed all 4ws components. Im having trouble getting the rear end lined up against the subframe. Ive tried with and without the driveshaft bolted up, but im still not managing to get it in there. It keeps catching on stuff. Does anyone have any tips on getting this sucker in there? Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AWDPower

It should be pretty strait forward. You did remove the mount at the rear, right? Just slide the rear diff up and into the subframe, then loosely thread in the top bolts. Next align the side bolts and thread them in. Tighten the top bolts, then the side bolts. Next, bolt in the rear brace. Bolt up the driveshaft last. I've done a bunch, and most pop right in. A couple were more of a tight fit on the sides, and took a bit more work to line up the side bolts. A long pry bar helps.

GSX_TC

this might be a little helpful even though its for a 4-bolt click

RedTwo

I left the drive shaft attached to the diff. When I jacked up the diff it just slid into position thanks to the driveshaft.

Lucas03ES

I just got it in. I guess the jack I was using the pad wasnt large enough to support it. I jacked it up and slid it in and fidgeted with it a bit, had to move it a smidge but it all got lined up in the end. I did it without the driveshaft connected for anyone else's future reference. Thanks fellas

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned