The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear control arm ball joints

CutlassJim

Is it true that the ball joints on the rear control arms are the same as the front lower control arm? I heard this rumor but can't find anything solid online and I'm 1000 miles away from my car right now so I can't check myself.

prove_it

Actually it's the rear arm ball joints that fit the front. You can't order a front lower bj through the dealer, but they are the same as the rear upper ball joints. I believe all the joints are the same in fact.

I know they work, since I installed rear uppers into my front lower arms.

CutlassJim

Quoting prove_it:
Actually it's the rear arm ball joints that fit the front. You can't order a front lower bj through the dealer, but they are the same as the rear upper ball joints. I believe all the joints are the same in fact.

I know they work, since I installed rear uppers into my front lower arms.

According to JNZ you can't order a ball joint at all from Mitsu and have to buy the whole arm for every spot. Thanks for that part number.

Last edited:

89Patches

This past winter I ordered 6 moogs for the Galant and all fit the same. Also back when I had my 1G I ordered just a cheapo NAPA ball joint for the front and use it in the rear.

So in conclusion all ball joints are the same on a Galant and 1G /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned