The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Question about three items in the trunk

AWDnoobie

What are these two tear drop items for, do I need to keep them? They have a 12mm bolt on them. I tried to gently pry the one off, but its stuck on there. The reason for asking, im building a sub box and will they be damaged from the magnets?

The next two flat items, im thinking they are for the bumper support? Or are they for something else that I didnt see from under neath the car? Can they be removed or do they have to stay? Im going to do a battery re location to the passenger side, and the one on that side id like to use for the bracket ill be making up to support the battery with.

Last item id like to know about is the abs sensor in the trunk(driver side by wheel well) will it be affected from a magnet from a sub box also? The box im building will have a sub right over it and I hated to screw things up with the sensor

Terry Posten

The top pic is the bolt that the rear sub-frame is bolted to. You can try and pry it off but I bet you will break the pry bar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

The bottom pic is a reinforcement bracket that gives more strength to the floor pan to hold the rear bumper in place. I would not remove it but that is your call. But if all you want to do is add to it for a battery, most people do exactly that.

Both items will not by be hurt by a magnet.

As far as the ABS sensor, I never had any issues with my sub box back there.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned