The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

quesiton on sensors and jdm cyclone intake manifold - need help identifying!

just bought a 91 galant vr4 with a jdm cyclone intake manifold. the previous owner had a dsm chip that controlled the output of the purge solenoid to properly control the cyclone actuator. right now, this is how it is setup:

the cyclone had three vacuum ports. the first port is hooked up to the output of my afpr. the second port is connected to what i think is the vacuum canister, which in turn is connected to one of the ports of the purge solenoid. the other port on the purge solenoid is hooked up to the cyclone actuator. the third port is simply hooked up to the blow off valve.

this is the solenoid that is connected to the vacuum canister. is this the purge solenoid?
P1010082.jpg

on a side note, i had two sensors on the passenger side that i am clueless about. they are hooked up to two of the ports on the throttle body. they are still electrically connected, but i don't think they currently serve a purpose.
first one:
P1010076.jpg

second one:
P1010078.jpg

the other question i have is that with the cyclone intake manifold, there is no egr? i bought a blockoff plate but i don't think it's needed because i can't find the egr valve?

i also have two harnesses that are disconnected that i need help identifying.
P1010083.jpg

P1010074.jpg

P1010078.jpg

thanks!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Those two harnesses you have disconnected should be. One is the fuel pump checker, the other is used when setting timing. Keep that plug in there.

that's what i thought, however, i believe the purge solenoid is being utilized instead. should i switch over to the fpr solenoid? i know the chip currently installed has it so the "purge" actuates at 4100rpm.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned