The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Proud owner of 1880/2000

transparentdsm

i use an angle grinder with a wire wheel, but it also depends on the extent of the rust. if its bad and almost through the metal i would do it by hand just to not ruin anything else.

NDVR4

transparentdsm said:
Yea I will need to pull the fenders to see the extent of damage, waiting on the weather to warm up. Hopefully it won't be to the extent that bobdole had to do, if it is I do have access to a welder and plasma cutter on certain occasions. How hard is it to track a new fender down if that is needed?

LIV4PSI

They are aftermarket fenders but they fit decent.

transparentdsm

and for the price, its not bad. unless you find someone on here parting out a car and you can grab there fenders, if there rust free. you could also get the JDM ones off ebay and those are real.

NDVR4

Quote:

Awesome glad to find out that there are still oem parts for this car around. Still haven't removed the fender yet, but thanks for the advice.

jcrimboli

This is damn good shape for a ND car. Pretty sure I have the identical dent in the hood on 1220. Welcome!!

NDVR4

Yea got it from montana, and according to my body guy the dent in hood is a non-issue, pretty easy to repair. Taking her out today, this is the W09 camouflage

theevozero

Welcome Mike. Glad you finally made it over to the dark side.

NDVR4

Ha hasn't been too dark yet, haven't drove the car much but when I do no problems yet. Still waiting on the weather to warm up before I tear the fenders off to check for rust. Then do a compression test and boost leak test, and if that checks out then do the timing belt, balance shaft belt and other related timing components and fluids. Then send my ecu off to you for the cap change and while that is off probably start doing the undercarriage coating. Found a powder coating place in town so will need to check them out to maybe get a few things done.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned